|MAIN PAGE||HISTORY INDEX||WILDLIFE INDEX||DAGNAM PARK MAP||NOAK HILL MAP|
From the 1919 Auction catalogue
11. THE FULLY LICENCED PUBLIC HOUSE. Known as "THE BEAR"
And comprising := The Bar, Bar Parlour, Tap R-oom, Four Bed Rooms, Box Room, Sitting Room, Kitchen, Scullery and Detached Wash-house, Lock-up. Coach-house and Store Sheds, Stabling for Four Horses with Chaff Room, Horse Standing, Loose Boxes, Open Shed and Lavatory.
With, 15a. 3r. 14p, of Arable and Pasture Land. Let at Rents apportioned for the purposes of this Sale as follows :-
Representatives of the late Mr. Bloomfield. 0a.0r. 32p. at £38, Yearly, subject to 3 months notice.
Representatives of the late Mr. Bloomfield. 4a. 3r. 2p. at £12 Yearly, subject to 3 months notice.
Mr. E.W. Padfield. 8a. 1r. 0p. at £14 Yearly.
Mr. C. Brooks. 2a. 2r. 20p. at £3 10s Yearly.
A Total Rental of £67 10. per annum.
Outgoings : Tithe Rent Charge (Commuted Amount) £3 0s 7d.
Land Tax Charge (Commuted Amount) £1 11s 0d.
Water is laid on to the House and Buildings from a Spring in the field adjoining. The Purchaser was Messrs Seabrook & Sons Ltd ofThurrock Brewery, Grays Essex. Paying £2400 for it.
The Bear apx 1910.
The Bear in 2005. Photo Don Tait.
Extended some time previously to the left and the right, including poorly matched windows, but the original central section is still obvious.