MAIN PAGE HISTORY INDEX WILDLIFE INDEX HAROLD HILL HISTORY INDEX DAGNAM PARK MAP NOAK HILL MAP

 

 

Hendersons doors were a significant employer on the Industrial Estate. Below a clipping from the company history site which can be read in full here  http://www.pchenderson.com/company_history.php

By 1955 "With the Barking premises bursting at the seams and demand still far outstripping supply, a new factory, ‘New Tangent Works’ is built at Harold Hill, Romford. New Tangent Works provides over 64,000 sq. ft of production and office space essential to the continued expansion of sales.

The company invests heavily in its strategy of producing high quality products supported by a strong technical service, substantially increasing the research and design department.

Export markets continue to expand with new markets developed in Africa and the Far East"

Thanks to Ken Hatfield for locating this information.

1955