MAIN PAGE HISTORY INDEX WILDLIFE INDEX   DAGNAM PARK MAP NOAK HILL MAP

 

Harold Hill Prefabs

The Prefabs were erected as temporary homes in 1947/8 and were finally all demolished twenty years later. Alltogether 605 were erected on about 78 acres of open land. They were replaced with more numerous and more crowded homes built with direct labour by the Greater London Council. That new section of the Harold Hill Estate is often referred to as the "flowers estate". Below an aerial image and a street map both from the 1950s.

The aerial image below was taken in 1951 during the construction of the main Harold Hill Estate.

The street map below with all the minor roads named, again from the early 50s.